I am so excited! I just started a new series on my YouTube channel where I combine my two favorite loves in this life: art history and mocktails! And what better artwork to start with than Van Gogh’s masterpiece, The Starry Night?!
In my new art history mocktail series, I am going to be taking famous works of art, art movements, or artists and turning them into a mocktail. This week, I recreated The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh and, I must say, it was quite a success. 🙂
Watch the full video here:
For the mocktail:
- ½ tsp. blue spirulina powder whisked together with about 1 tsp. of water
- 1– 1 ½ tsp. organic lemon-lavender simple syrup (depending on how sweet you like your drinks!)
- Topo Chico
For the garnish:
- 2–3 organic mint leaves
- 1 organic lemon wheel
- First, mix ½ tsp. of blue spirulina powder with 1 tsp. of water. Set aside.
- In a Collins glass, add 4 ice cubes.
- Pour the lemon-lavender simple syrup over the ice. Then, pour the blue spirulina powder/water mixture over the syrup.
- Top with Topo Chico.
- Add in a few mint leaves as garnish and then finish with a lemon wheel.
- Enjoy your very own version of Starry Night! 🙂