Not only did each of these paintings sell for over $100 million each, but they were also part of an art collection that fetched almost $2 billion cumulatively!
In Episode 3, I discussed the Paul G. Allen that was going up for auction at Christie’s in November.
There were 5 paintings in this auction that brought in over $100 million per piece. These paintings were:
- Paul Cezanne, La Montaigne Sainte-Victoire, $130,790,000
- Vincent van Gogh, Verger avec cyprés, $117,180,000
- Gustav Klimt, Birch Forest, $104,585,000
- Paul Gauguin, Maternité II, $105,730,000
- Georges Seurat, Les Poseuses ensemble (petite version), $149,000,000+